Saturday, July 19, 2008

Captain's Blog: 7/19

I find Kansas to be a miserable state. It is unGodly long and I swear it will never end. Thankfully this is the last day of mass driving and by the end of this day I will be in a Colorado cabin. This will only happen if I can manage to get out of the frickin state of Kansas.

Family affairs appear to be alright for now. I am concerned for the two hours in the car with my aunt Liz because I am pretty confident that I will lose it if I have to stop at an antique mall rather than continue to blaze the trail to Colorado. I am German and unscheduled stops make me uneasy.

If I hear one more comment about how awesome The Dark Knight is I might cry. I couldn't even find a movie theater in this dumb Kansas town, so now I have to find a way to sneak off and see it in Colorado without getting some stupid lecture about how I could do that anytime at home.

I know this post may seem a little bitter, but I am actually looking forward to being in the mountains. I'm very excited about it in fact, but I need to get through all this driving through flatlands over with first. Plus this trip came at the most inconvenient time for my social life. Go figure.

I will blog again! Until then best wishes from Colby Kansas.
-The Captain

No comments: