Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Absolutely I do

First thing is first, I re-read some old blog posts, and have decided some things need to be redacted. Mainly my comment about my stats friends because I adore them now and have a blast in that class with them. I think I was in an off mood that day, anyway...long story short, stats friends = good.

On a much more eccentric note I felt a lot like Jim Halpert today. I had a momentary lapse of judgment yesterday and agreed to have someone come out and give an estimate on replacing all of the windows. Yes, I agreed to have someone give an estimate on the house that I do not own, and have no legal claim over. This happened because I believe somehow that this would get me back to watching Star Wars faster. So today rolls around my estimate time is set up for one, and the guy is here at one on the dot. The estimate begins, he measures all the windows in the house, and as he does so he asks me questions like, "how long have you owned the house?", "Do you live alone?", "how long have you been looking to replace these windows?". Now, I decided the best plan of action is to create an elaborate lie that builds off of me being the owner of this house that I've owned for 6 years. So the measuring is done and we are at the part of the presentation where this man talks for half an hour about his company and the windows. Let me tell ya, I can give you mass amounts of information on these windows. MASS AMOUNTS. During his half hour presentation I have completely accepted my role as homeowner and being to act in such a manner by doing the following things:
- I claimed that I wasn't sure I could part with the picture window because it just went so lovely with the boxwoods I planted
- I inquired about how the nylon screen would hold up with a cat in the house
- I gushed over how sublime it would be to no longer have to clean the windows from the outside
As this man leaves I have an estimate giving me a summer sales discount, and a discount for educators (since I'm obviously a teacher at a daycare, at least I am in the world where I have owned this house for 6 years) plus a lovely brochure. He was here for an hour, and I have to believe in my heart of hearts that he did not buy my story about owning this house. However, if he did it is safe to assume that I am a really good actress or a pathological liar.

I sincerely hope this story has entertained you.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh Molly. Me gusta tu cara.

I also miss your face. I hope that this window man believed you because you are a brilliant actress. :)